Today’s Chania real estate market is fast paced, vibrant and amazingly competitive. When you place your home on the market, it can get lost in the plethora of properties currently listed. The web-page of the real estate firm is the first place your property will be seen by a perspective buyer, so seize this opportunity to make the best first impression. Having an attractively styled and inviting home will provide you that opportunity before prospective buyers step through your door.
Several property marketing statistics show:
- You only have 10-15 seconds and one chance to make a great first impression when someone visits the page of your property.
- The longer your property is on the market, the lower the selling price will be. A well prepared home spends 50% less time on the market and sells for at least 9% more than a non-staged home.
- A prospective buyer spends 5 minutes in a vacant house on average and remains for 40 minutes in a well-furnished, clean and attractive home.
Property Marketing Techniques
There are a number of ways and property marketing techniques to find prospective buyers for your property. ARENCORES estate agent can recommend the approach that is most suitable for your property to ensure you achieve your aims.
Here are some of the most common ARENCORES approaches to establish an effective property marketing campaign in order to sell your property with the highest return of your investment.
- ARENCORES’ website
- ARENCORES’ social platforms
- Greek and worldwide property portals
- Email alerts and frequent-targeted newsletters: Set up by buyers based on certain criteria and preferences on ARENCORES’ Property Intelligence Platform
- ARENCORES’ property brochures, and magazines
- Newspapers: local, national and international
- ‘For sale’ signs and attractive templates: So passers by can see your property is for sale
- Direct mail: ARENCORES send marketing materials to the local area or directly to registered buyers on our database to connect them with a property
- For the property listing, the high quality professional photographs*, detailed floorplans and well written descriptions are critical so as to effectively attract prospective buyers. Maps, and information about historical monuments, local amenities, medical facilities and transport networks, are all frequently included in a property marketing campaign material. Energy performance categorization and the Special Registration Number of EOT (the Greek organisation of tourism for the lease of touristic properties) are also provided.
*ARENCORES can arrange the professional photography shoot of your property. With our Premium Photoshoot Service you can benefit from great quality photographs of your property at competitive prices. Professional photos add polish to your listing and ensure more property viewings from prospective buyers.
How to improve your property’s appearance in photographs
Here are a few tips to help improve the presentation of your property and make the potential buyer emotionally connect with your property:
- All rooms: Dust, tidy and vacuum.
- All rooms: Clean all the windows, put away private items and children’s toys.
- All rooms: Open the curtains, screens, canopies and blinds, and switch on the lights.
- All rooms: Remove any evidence of pets.
- All rooms: Take out rubbish and remove rubbish baskets from sight.
- Bathroom: Close the toilet seat and wipe down the sink, bath and shower.
- Bedroom: Try to make the bedroom area looks charming and inviting.
- Kitchen: Wipe down and clear the counter tops of kitchen gadgets. Pop towels and cleaning products out of view and make sure the washing up is dried and placed in the cupboard.
- Garden: Uncover any garden furniture you may have, clear any paths, unfold your parasol and get the cushions out of hibernation.
- Swimming pool: The pool should be solid and leak-free. Try to make that the decking surfaces, safety covers and any furniture look warm and inviting.