Valid from: [May 25th 2018]
At ARENCORES we take our users personal information seriously and all collected information used and held is fully complaint in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
List of Definitions
“You” means Property Owner or Property Buyer or Subscribed User or any registered user.
“We” means ARENCORES (credentials).
“Platform” or “Website” means www.arencores.com platform.
“Visitor” means any person who has not registered an account in the platform.
“Registered User” means a user that has an account in the platform.
“Property” means a property that is listed in our website.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect information from visitors and registered users to our commercial website – www.arencores.com, including, but not limited to, the use of online and offline forms, calls with our sales and customer service teams and all information when you email us.
When you enter our website (www.arencores.com), we shall record information that is necessary to provide you with access to our services when registering, which consists of but not limited to:
- First name and Surname
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Full address of your property
- IP addresses
- Details about your property
When you request supporting documentation of a property such as photos, topography plans, property coordinates, engineering costs etc, for further clarification we will collect the following additional information:
- A copy of your official identity papers
- As you participate on ARENCORES exclusive property listing or Passive Listing for further clarification we will collect the following additional information: A copy of your proof of ownership
- Your residence address
We can collect data of visitors when they are surfing through our Platform and such information consists of:
- IP Address (that includes browser’s information about IP’s location)
- Access time
- Browser type
- Duration of access
- Referring website addresses
1. Information on the data controller
ARENCORES, a real estate firm having its seat in Chania, Crete, Greece (25, K. Mitsotaki street.) registered in the General Commercial Registry (GEMI) (together “ARENCORES”, “we”, “us”, “our”), takes your data protection rights and its legal obligations seriously.
ARENCORES is the data controller of your personal data.
2. Personal data we collect about you and purposes of processing
By using our websites, you agree that information about how you navigate through and search the data presented on them can be collected by the Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward group for the purpose of developing and improving the website for future visitors.
To ensure your privacy is protected, we adhere to the following policy
Depending on the purpose for which we may need to process your data from time to time, we will process on a case-by-case basis certain categories of personal data, which will in general be as follows:
- your basic identity data (for example your first and last name, etc.);
- your contact details relating to the services that we provide (for example phone number, email address, etc.);
- transactions information necessary for the provision of our services (for example, information on the services you requested, etc.);
- connection and geolocation data (how you interact with us from within our Apps);
- commercial information (for example, if you have subscribed to our newsletter),
- information about your tastes and preferences; and
- any other information you may voluntarily provide us with (for example, through our Customer Support service, etc.).
Remember that, when we ask you to fill in your personal data to afford you access to any functionality or service of ARENCORES, we will mark certain fields as mandatory, since these are the minimum that we need to be able to provide the service. Please take into account that, if you decide not to make such data available to us, you may be unable to complete your user registration or may not be able to enjoy those services.
Depending on how you interact with our firm, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
2.1 To manage your registration as user of ARENCORES
If you decide to become a registered user of our services, we need to process your data to identify you as a user of ARENCORES and grant you access to it as a registered user. You may cancel your registered user account by unsubscribing any time.
Our Newsletter enables you to discover property opportunities and Chania real estate market news through us. You must provide personal data to use our website as a registered user. Additional voluntary information that may also be provided is marked accordingly (optional).
In the context of our newslletter, the following personal data will be processed in accordance with Article 6(1.)(b) GDPR for the performance of the contract:
First and last name, email address and mobile phone number (master data), information on your terminal equipment (device ID) and the password you have chosen (in encrypted form) are also processed.
Your profile picture is optional and will be processed only if entered.
You may either enter the personal data (e.g. your name) at the time of registration or we receive it directly from your terminal equipment (e.g. device ID).
After receiving your order, you will receive a confirmation message via your email (if you have provided one) for identification purposes and, in particular, so that we can determine that the right person should receive our information. Only the administrator of our website can see your personal data after your subscription.
2.3 Collecting personal information
From time to time, your information may be passed to our approved agencies for customer research and analysis. The results of such research and analysis are used purely to improve the levels of service we provide.
2.4 What information we collect
In order to respond to your requirements, when you register with this website or one of our offices, we will need to know your name, email address and contact telephone number.
2.5 When we disclose your information
You may be contacted by email, telephone or post by our approved agencies to request feedback from you about our services and/or provide you with information about other products and services available through ARENCORES group.
2.4 Fraud prevention and non-payment
At ARENCORES we take all reasonable care to ensure personal details are kept secure. You can be assured that any personal information we gather about you through this website will not be passed to any third party or organisation outside ARENCORES.
If at any time you wish your personal data to be amended or removed from our records please email email@example.com or write to us at
26 Stratigou Tzanakaki Street
2.5 News, promos and personalised offers
You will receive offers and advertising from us if you have agreed to receive news and personalised offers (advertising, vouchers and promotions) and to the display of usage-based advertising during the registration process. This concerns both non-personalised (sent to all customers) and personalised (sent only to you and based on an analysis your personal data that you have either explicitly provided to us or were generated as part of your use of our applications) newsletters sent electronically (email, SMS, MMS, in-app messages, push messages) to your terminal equipment (smartphone, tablet, PC, etc.). To send you personalised advertising, we will process your usage data and, where possible, other information from your device, such as other apps you may have installed in your device. Accordingly, please take into account that this data processing implies analysis of your profile to establish your preferences and therefore which services are most relevant to your preferences.
We will also process your personal data to organise promotional actions. By participating in any promotional action, you authorise us to process the personal data that you have shared with us depending on the promotional action and disclose them through different media such as social networks or the App itself. In each promotional action in which you participate the terms and conditions will be available to you and will provide more detailed information about the processing of your personal data.
In this context, we will process the following personal data based on your consent in accordance with Article 6(1.)(a) GDPR:
First and last name, email address, mobile phone number, registration date, log-in details,, device ID, IDFA (Ad-ID, Apple, identifier for advertisers), IFV (Ad-ID, identifier vendor), GAID (Google advertising identifier) and IP address.
If you do not wish to receive the news and personalised offers already discussed, you can – just as easily as when you agreed to it – withdraw your consent by unsubscribing from our services.
Please note that the withdrawal and ensuing changes are valid only for the future and will be effective or implemented by no later than 48 hours from withdrawal.
2.6 Studies and surveys
If you have agreed to receive studies and surveys during the registration process, then we will contact you in the context of non-personalised or personalised studies and surveys sent electronically (email, SMS, MMS, in-app messages, push messages) and request your participation. If you access our applications, we inform you that we will treat your usage data for analytical and statistical purposes, i.e., to understand the manner in which users interact with our apps and thus be capable of introducing improvements in these apps. In addition, we occasionally perform quality surveys and actions to know the degree of satisfaction of our apps’ users and detect those areas in which we may improve. To this end, we will process the following personal data pursuant to Article 6(1.)(a) GDPR:
First and last name, email address, mobile phone number, profile picture (optional entry), registration date, application name, as well as information installed in your device, such as the list of apps downloaded in your device.
If you do not wish to be contacted, you can – just as easily as when you agreed to it – – withdraw your consent by unsubscribing.
Please note that the withdrawal and ensuing changes are valid only for the future and will be effective or implemented by no later than 48 hours from withdrawal.
2.7 Google Maps
2.10 Web tracking
a) Google Analytics
ARENCORES uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
For this purpose, a cookie is installed on your device. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the App (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the App, compiling reports on App activity for App operators and providing other services relating to App activity and internet usage to the App’s provider. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. For further information on how Google uses your data, please refer to https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=el#infocollect.
Objection to data collection:
Besides changing your browser settings, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
3. Your rights
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right to withdraw consent – where applicable, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. For example, if you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, you can use the “unsubscribe” link provided in our emails or otherwise contact us directly and we will stop sending you communications.
- Right of access, rectification and erasure – you have the right to request access to any of your personal data that we may hold, to request correction of any inaccurate data relating to you and, under certain circumstances, to request the deletion of your personal data. You can see and update most of this data yourself online.
- Right of data portability – Under certain conditions, you have the right to receive all such personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where this is technically feasible.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data until we have taken sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data;
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require such data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- you have objected to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds (see below) pending the verification as to whether we have overriding compelling legitimate grounds to continue the processing.
Where personal data is subject to restriction in this way, we will only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to object to the processing – provided that the conditions of the law are met, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable law. In Greece that is the
Hellenic Data Protection Authority,
1-3 Kifissias Ave., 115 23 Athens, Greece
Phone: +30-210 6475600
Fax: +30-210 6475628
For further information regarding your rights, to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavour to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.
4. Minimum Age
Protecting the safety and privacy of children is very important to us. We do not accept registrations submitted by, and will not knowingly collect or use personal data from anyone under the age of sixteen (16) years. By downloading and registering on any of our applications and services, you confirm that you have reached sixteen (16) years of age.
5. Data security
ARENCORES uses appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which comply with data protection laws to keep your personal data secure.
As most of the personal data we hold is stored electronically we have implemented appropriate IT security measures to ensure this personal data is kept secure, including the use of strong encryption, access restriction and extensive logging and auditing functionality in our IT systems. We have procedures in place at our premises to keep any hard copy records physically secure. We also train our staff regularly on data protection and information security.
When ARENCORES engages a third party as a data processor (including our service providers) to collect or otherwise process personal data on our behalf, such processor will be selected carefully and required to use sufficient guarantees, in particular in terms of expert knowledge, reliability and resources as well as appropriate technical and organisational measures which will meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, including those referring to the security of processing.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any electronic data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any personal data you might have sent to us has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
6. Retention period
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collect it during the performance of our contract, always taking into consideration the each time applicable statute of limitations.
- where we hold your personal data to comply with a legal obligation (including your security and avoidance of fraudulent behaviour), we will keep the information for at least as long as is required to comply with that obligation;
- where we hold your personal data in order to provide you with a service (such as in order to ensure at all times that our apps are properly functioning), we will keep the information for at least as long as we provide the service, and for a number of years thereafter, as appropriate.
We will retain your data for a period of five years after termination of the contractual relationship at your request or by us for cause (e.g. non-payment). Moreover, statutory provisions (e.g. retention periods under tax legislation) require that we retain data for six years and under conditions, up to twenty years.
7. External links
Our website may include links to external websites. ARENCORES, Chania Real Estate and REC are not responsible for the content of external sites.
8. Complaints Resolution
ARENCORES is committed to providing its customers with a fair and responsible system for the handling of complaints.
If at any time you have any concerns, complaints or questions in relation to your privacy or the operation of ARENCORES, please contact our Privacy Team at email@example.com so that we may resolve your concerns. You can also contact Stavros Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will consider your query and endeavor to respond to you promptly.
9. Opting Out Of Personalized ADS
We aim to give you a highly relevant experience on our sites and apps. This involves us collecting and using information about the content you engage with, such as images, articles, calculators and ads, along with any information you provide to us via your arencores.com account (if you have one). We then may show you ads that we believe will be engaging. You can opt out of us personalizing your advertising experience by going to the opt out page.
Should we do so, we will notify you by various procedures (for example, through a banner, a pop-up or a push notification), or we may even send you a notice to your e-mail address.
11. Contact us – One Point of Contact for all Privacy Issues
26, Stratigou Em. Tzanakaki, Street,
Chania, 73134, Crete